JonBenet Ramsey

Just JonBenet

About Her Death.

The Beginning:

It all started when JonBenet's Mother(Patsy) Found a two and a half-page ransom note damanding $118,000 for the safe return of her daughter. Despite specific instructions in the ransom note that police and friends not be contacted, she telephoned the police and called family and friends. The note suggested that the ransom collection would be monitored and JonBenét would be returned as soon as the money was obtained. but that never happened.

Finding JonBenet:

Later that after noon, Boulder Police Detective Linda Arndt asked John Ramsey and two family friends to search the house again for "anything unusual." John Ramsey and two of his friends started their search in the basement. After first searching the bathroom and "train room," the two went to a "wine cellar" room where John Ramsey found his daughter's body covered in a white blanket. She was dead.

How She Died:

JonBenét was killed by strangulation and a skull fracture. A garrote made from a length of tweed cord and the broken handle of a paintbrush had been used to strangle her; her skull had suffered severe blunt trauma; there was no evidence of conventional , although sexual assault could not be ruled out. The official cause of death was asphyxiation due to strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

Crime Scene:

The bristle end of the paint brush was found in a tub of Patsy Ramsey's art supplies, but the bottom third was never located despite extensive searching of the house by law enforcement in subsequent days.  Experts noted that the construction of the garrote required a special knowledge of knots. Autopsy also revealed that the child had eaten pineapple  only a few hours before the murder. Photographs of the home, taken the day JonBenét's body was found, show a bowl of pineapple on the kitchen table with a spoon in it,  and police reported finding Patsy's fingerprints on it.  However, neither Patsy nor John claim to remember putting this bowl on the table or feeding pineapple to JonBenét.

While it was reported that no footprints led to the house on snow-covered ground, other reporters found that snow around the doors of the house was cleared away. Police reported no signs of forced entry, although a basement window that had been broken and left unsecured before Christmas, along with other open doors, were not reported to the public until a year later.